Hello Everyone! I don’t know about you, but I am 25 years and and 4 months old right now, and till now life is been full with beautiful moments, many ups and downs , a lot of challenges, some beautiful days, and some not so great.
Growing up I heard a lot from my parents that I needed to “listen to them or life would teach me a lesson”. Well life taught many many lesson by now, and for someone who used to answer: I want learn from my own experiences! There were actually a bunch of things I would like someone would told me about adulthood.
Even knowing I have a loooong journey ahead of me, here are some of the things know one ever talks about adulthood. I’ll start with the not so good ones:
- Pimples don’t go away when you pass your teenager years. I barely had pimples when I was a teenager, but now, they don’t seem to go away.
- Also, pms seems to be a lot more difficult too.
- Fruits will go bad in a matter of days. I mean, bananas and avocados take almost a week to be on point, and when they do, it will only last a day, I can’t eat a bunch of bananas in one day!
- You’re gonna have a favorite burner on your stove.
- You’ll either love or hate doing groceries.
- Socks will get lost in your washer/dryer. No, it wasn’t your moms fault.
- Credit cards aren’t friendly. Growing up I thought it was so fancy to say you’re going to pay with credit, and as a teenager (thanks TV) my dream was to have a car, a boyfriend and a credit card, now I’ll stick to the car only.
- I used to love being surrounded by my friends all the time, now my biggest desire is to have a single weekend by myself.
- Also, your huge group of friends will get closer and closer,
- It will be hard to seem all of them at once.
- Your dream job won’t be your first job.
- It’s hard to listen to your parents, it’s harder to listen to your boss.
- Taxes are hell.
- You’ll feel lost.
- You’ll have to learn to take care of yourself/ and to others when you/someone get sick.
But, there aren’t only bad things, here are some great things about adulthood
- You actually get to eat ice cream in the middle of the night. Or for breakfast, or whenever you want.
- It’s very plesant to learn to do things on your own.
- You can wear whatever you want, I know this might not be a big deal for most people, but my mom always picked my outfits as a kid, and always had a opnion about what I was wearing as a teenager.
- No curfews, but if you don’t watch out, you will look like crap the next day!
- You will feel proud of yourself, and that’s even better than having other adults proud of yourself.
- Girls night/sleepovers are still a thing and it’s still great.
- Life is an everyday battle, but it’s beautiful.
I bet there’s a bunch more, but I tend to take mental notes on my blog post ideas and end it up forgetting half of them, every time. So feel free to help me in the comments!
See you next time,